Jobs in Dubai
Doorman vacancy at Fairmont Dubai
Are you prepared to be Doorman at Fairmont Hotel in Dubai?
Explore this job opening and submit your application today.
- Welcome every Guest entering the hotel (Arrivals & non-in house).
- Ensure that Guests are greeted at the car within 30 seconds of the vehicles pulling onto the driveway.
- Remain observant and responds to each Guest who passes through the front entrances of the hotel.
- Ensure that other Guests are acknowledged while engaged with other Guests.
- Open car doors and extends a warm and pleasant greeting to Guests.
- Give clear directions for Guest to retrieve car when issuing valet ticket if the car is to be valet parked.
- Report suspicious people or behavior to security personnel.
- Be aware of the circumstances surrounding each vehicle on the driveway.
- Share important information relating to the driveway with all members of the team.
- Maintain a perpetual presence on the driveway throughout the hours of the shift.
- Be an ambassador for the hotel by providing an excellent first impression of the hotel to the Guest.
- Work closely with the Bell Persons, providing accurate information with regards to Guests’ room numbers.
- Assist the Housekeeping department by maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel driveway.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Upon departure packs the Guest luggage into the transportation and confirms the number of luggage pieces at the point of departure, offers car door assistance, thanks the Guest and invite them to return.
- Previous experience in the position is an asset, although not a prerequisite
- Should possess the ability to work fast and efficiently under pressure.
- Should have a strong personality in order to be assertive when controlling traffic on the driveway.
- Must have the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Should be physically fit in order to lift and move luggage.
- Should have a good knowledge of the hotel and Dubai, as well as current events.
- Good English skills essential (verbal and written). Second language is an asset.