Qatar Airways Jobs: Office Assistant
Qatar Airways group is offering opportunity to join Office Assistant, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
Application Closing Date: 25 September 2022
About the Role
The Office Assistant will provide general administrative and secretarial support in day-today functions, promote high standards of corporate values through correspondence, telephone, and personal contact as well as handling confidential and sensitive issues, which require a high degree of discretion and tact.
The role holder will also be responsible for records / document control and maintenance for all correspondences related to Qatar Executive Administration.
- Perform administrative and secretarial support – coordinate activities, conduct research and ensures that requests are carried out.
- Handle inquiries and/or refer to the appropriate personnel/department including assist visitors/guests when required.
- Receives and distributes mails and packages.
- Review and answer mail and inquiries and determine if Executive action is required.
- Provide necessary telephone backup coverage, schedule appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements (coordinate meetings, travel, hotel bookings).
- Respond to complaints and request for information. Assist and explain procedures and policies in response to inquiries within the area, including receive/answer telephone calls/inquiries and ensure that messages are taken clearly and delivered promptly.
- Take and transcribe dictation. Draft letters and internal memos. Process, handle, and maintain all types of confidential information. Compose routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports which are generally confidential in nature.
- Check all incoming documents and ensure completeness/accuracy of information provided to fast track approvals, (Invoices/Statements).
- Anticipate and prepare meeting materials, charts.
- Maintain confidential filing system, categorize and maintain manuals, sensitive correspondence, and other source materials.
- Coordinate prompt purchasing of office supplies and stationeries. Ensure proper maintenance of all office equipment.
- Monitor office and pantry supplies consumption and prepare requisition for replenishment to maintain sufficient supplies.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification with Minimum 1 year of job-related experience.
- Holds a valid Qatari Driving License.
- Previous administration experience in similar capacity.
- Good organizational skills – ability to maintain, keep track, and retain a number of records and data.
- Good communication skills– ability to understand and be understood by any staff, regardless of level or nationality.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Ability to draft constructive correspondences.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer literate – familiar with MS Office workarounds and ability to operate computer hardware, printers, and other IT-related machines.
- Applies basic mathematical operations, concepts and reasoning
- Time-sensitive – ability to schedule and prioritize workflow.
- Independent – ability to work in minimum supervision.
- Professional with regards to personal appearance, work and approach.
- Knowledge in organized filing system and telephone manners.
Are you interested in applying for this job?
Uploading your CV and completing the online application.