Qatar Airways Jobs: Maintenance Supervisor Vacancy is Available
Are you looking for a job at Qatar Airways as a Maintenance Supervisor?
Here is a good opportunity for you.
This article will share the job obligations and provide the application link below.
Company: Qatar Airways Group
Location: Doha, Qatar
Category: Corporate & Commercial
Job Id: 186861
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 19-03-2023
If you are interested then click the link below
It will redirect you to the Qatar Airways page where you will get a page for the application.
Then you need to accept all the T&C of Qatar Airways.
About the role:
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will monitor all maintenance activities to ensure smooth running of the buildings/facilities at multiple locations. Ensure the staff accommodation are properly maintained as per Qatar Airways standards in a cost effective and timely manner. Supervise personnel (direct and indirect) effectively and efficiently. Ensure compliance and processes are followed.
Your specific responsibilities include:
• Makes periodic inspections of assigned facilities to determine condition; prepare building inspection reports, diagnose problems and initiates necessary action to optimize the life span and operational reliability and ensure that the facilities are properly maintained in accordance with the best engineering practices.
• Ensure all pending maintenance request are followed up and the system updated with the latest comments / feedback provided by the on-site maintenance team. Communicate maintenance related issues to landlord wherever the maintenance responsibility falls under the landlord and ensure the work is completed within set QR timelines and standards.
• Inspects all completed maintenance related works, assures that work is completed as per the scope of work and signs off on the completion certificate.
• Assist the Maintenance Manager in drafting detailed scope of work for plumbing, electrical and HVAC components of the project.
• Respond to emergency situations such as Fire, Power and AC failure, activation of fire alarms or any other major issues on 24/7 days a week basis.
• Administers the work of contracted staff on all projects, including assigning work and reviewing and evaluating work in progress.
• Review request for service, determine whether the problem can be resolved through in-house resources, set priorities/timelines, communicate the timelines to customer and accordingly execute the job.
• Plan labour and material needs for designated maintenance and repair jobs to ensure adequate materials and equipment are available to carry out scheduled / unscheduled maintenance tasks; provide input to storekeeper on the material required.
• Maintain daily records regarding manpower, materials and equipment usage.
• Maintain a preventative maintenance program for all mechanical equipment. Organizes manufactures suggested systems and parts checks on all facility equipment into an ongoing preventative specialize equipment.
• Maintain emergency standby power, fire and safety equipment’s and performs weekly testing on all emergency generators.
• Participates in the preventative maintenance and monitoring of the operation of HVAC units. Maintain data relating to temperature, humidity and time of day for performance monitoring.
• Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the
You will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience.
- Diploma or trade certification in an electrical / mechanical field
- Similar experience in a multicultural environment preferably in the Middle East
- Experience working in Hotel/Hospitality/Facilities Management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
Job Specific Skills
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and handling customers in a polite and patient manner.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance works of electrical, plumbing, drainage and air conditioning
- Valid Qatari or a transferable driving license.
- People management and basic leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and should be IT knowledgeable.