Jobs in Qatar: Mövenpick Hotel is hiring General Cashier
Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha is looking for General Cashier.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the details and you will find the Application link below.
Company: Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha
Location: Doha, Qatar
Category: Finance, Controlling, Audit, Accounting & Business Analysis
Posted Date: 06/10/2022
Job Start Date: 31/10/2022
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
General Cashier Job Description:
This position is responsible to prepare the hotel’s daily bank deposits, control all house funds, and issuing, auditing, and maintaining all hotel banks according to the Company’s policies and procedures.
What is in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex hotel in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Reconciling daily cash submissions from the various departments in the hotel and consolidating the bank deposits daily.
- Ensuring that all cash-handling employees have adequate monetary change throughout their work shifts.
- Performing house bank audits as required by the Company’s policies and procedures to ensure the safeguarding of all hotel cash.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the Company.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Perform daily count of the main house bank and document all of these results. Send a copy to the appropriate accounting manager. The total must include banks issued and must tie to the general ledger house bank account.
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short reports by the cashier on a daily basis and forward them to Finance Controller or Finance Manager
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short Report by the cashier on a daily basis and forward to Chief Accountant at month-end.
- Count and document all hotel floats quarterly, on a surprise basis, in the presence of the float holder as required by the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a quarterly summary of float counts.
- Maintain current house bank agreements. Issue cashier safety deposit boxes for bank safekeeping, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Service-oriented with an eye for details Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
Are you interested in applying for this job?