Hotel Jobs in Qatar: Wyndham is hiring Asst Housekeeping Manager
Are you looking for a job in Doha? Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay is looking for a Asst Housekeeping Manager.
Here is a good opportunity for you. This article will share the job obligations and provide the application link below.
Company: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
Position: Asst Housekeeping Manager
Location: Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay Beach, West Bay Doha, QA
JOB ID: 22887
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
If you are interested then click the link below
About the Role
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree; or a 2-year college degree and 1 or more years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Wyndham SOP’s.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to Wyndham SOP’s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain Wyndham SOP’s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Housekeeping staff.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant, and show rooms.
- Must maintain constant communication with Guest Services.
- Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special needs rooms, connecting, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and provide training on a rotational basis using steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.