WOQOD Qatar Jobs: General Accounting Supervisor vacancy
Are you looking for a job in WOQOD Qatar as a General Accounting Supervisor?
Are you failed to get the job information?
Don’t worry, now you are connected with us and you will get to know how to apply for jobs in WOQOD Qatar.
In this article we will share job information and provide the link to apply now.
So, if you are ready to apply, please read this article till the end.
Company: WOQOD Qatar
Location: Doha, Qatar
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
Supervise, control and monitor financial and accounting operations, ensuring compliance with Woqod and Subsidiaries accounting policies and procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Key responsibilities of the job:
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
- Keep the subordinates informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of internal financial reporting in accordance with Woqod & Subsidiaries accounting policies & International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly and quarterly internal financial statement packets and variance analysis, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation and analysis of departmental financial statements and promptly answers inquiries from department leaders.
- Presents reporting analysis to management and internal partners to assist in understanding operational trends in these areas, identify changes that may impact financial statements, and investigate variances for resolution.
- Oversees the maintenance of prepaid accounts, accruals, amortization and accuracy of adjusting entries. Reviews reconciliations and ensures capitalization policies and procedures are enforced and updated as needed.
- Supervise and check the creation, and updates of General Ledger chart of accounts to ensure accurate reporting continues.
Reconciliation and Control
- Enhances, documents, and implements controls around accounting reporting and helps to improve efficiency of reporting.
- Supervise the preparation and review of the reconciliation of all relevant ledger accounts in order to ensure all adjusting entries posted in the cost center system have been passed correctly.
- Establishes and oversees controls around accounting report creation, document retention, and development of new reports.
- Supervise and establish integrity checks to ensure reporting across systems is complete and accurate.
- Increase involvement in the determination of reporting needs including increased partnership with Reporting and Compliance, Budgeting & Cost Control and other Business Partners to simplify existing reporting and increase new reporting with focus on business needs given ever changing retail environment.
- Provide assistance to the internal and external auditor for all audit financial requirements.
- Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement departmental policies, systems and procedure so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Statement and Reports
- Supervise and provide inputs in the preparation of timely and accurate departmental statements and reports to business coordination unit to meet Woqod and department requirements, policies and standards.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
Boundaries & Decision Marking Authority
- The jobholder exercises financial authority as per the level established by Woqod board and stipulated in the authority matrix.
- Key decisions having significant impact on the Woqod Finance applications development activities are referred to the General Accounting Head for approval before implementation.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an accounting leadership role
- Strong leadership skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Certified Public Accountant
Job Specific Skills:
- Directly reporting to General Accounting Head and Supervises accounting staff in the day to day operations in general accounting.
- Oversees calculating, posting, and verification of financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
- Maintains the integrity of accounting records by ensuring that staff complies with Woqod and Subsidiaries accounting policies and procedures and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Prepare and validates monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting reports for the management and executive teams as required.
- Provide assistant to the internal and external auditor.
- Detail-oriented and organize.
To apply for this job you need to click here.
It will redirect you to the WOQOD Qatar page where you will get a page for the application.
Then you need to accept all the T&C of WOQOD Qatar.
After that, Log in there with your email id and password or if this is your first time you have to register first before apply online.