Mechanical Engineer vacancy at Qatar Museums
Are you seeking a position as a Mechanical Engineer? Explore this job opening and submit your application today.
To provide specialized technical support to Head of Maintenance on the matters specific to the field of Mechanical Engineering and HVAC Systems also considering the sustainability aspect.
- To provide specialized and comprehensive mechanical engineering and HVAC associated support for the new projects related to the modifications of QM’s various facilities.
- To provide specialized and comprehensive mechanical engineering/HVAC support for resolving the related problems coming up during the day to day operational/maintenance activities at the various QM’s sites.
- Write comprehensive Scope of works for the related tenders.
- Play a lead role in the testing and commissioning of the new facilities/equipment.
- Play a lead role in building handover vis-à-vis new sites from the contractor.
- Take a lead role in the preparation and subsequent management of annual budget.
- Play a lead role in devising procedures and methods for the conservation of energy.
- Should have good knowledge and considerable experience in the field of implementing sustainability processes and procedures.
Necessary knowledge to be able to do the job.
- Thorough Theoretical as well as Practical knowledge along with Hands on Experience on the Rotating as well as Reciprocating Equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Diesel/Petrol/Gas Engines, Turbines, Pneumatic Systems, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Air Handling Units, Packaged A/C Units, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Exhaust Fans, Fresh Air In-take Fans, Control Valves, Fan Coil Units, Air Curtains, Water Towers, Heaters, BMS, Emergency Power Generators, Mechanical as well as Automatic Control Valves, Performance & Load Analysis on various machines, Various machine wear & tear investigative tools & procedures, Energy Conservation mechanisms etc.
- Very good problem analyzing and resolving skills related to the equipment.
- Excellent Computer proficiency.
- Well versed with Sustainability processes & procedures.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- BSC or Engineering degree in Mechanical.
- Certification from the international/local regulatory bodies.
- Minimum 8 years’ engineering experience in Qatar.