Registration for Haj 2023 from Sunday
Registration for citizens and expatriates who wish to perform Haj this year will start on Sunday, February 12, the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs announced yesterday.
The online registration process (through the hajj.gov.qa website) will open at 8am and continue for a month, until March 12, 2023, said Director of the Department of Hajj and Umrah at the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Ali bin Sultan Al Misifri.
Addressing a press conference yesterday at the Ministry, Al Misifri said that initially 18 Haj tour operators are authorised to take the pilgrims from Qatar to Makkah by air or road as per the demand of people for the upcoming Haj season.
Speaking about the registration requirements, he said: “Qatari citizens and nationals of other GCC countries should be 18 years and above.
However, expatriates should not be less than 40 years, and should have been residing in Qatar for at least 10 years.”
He said all candidates should have taken two doses of COVID-19 vaccines approved by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah of Saudi Arabia such as Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson.
Director of the Department of Haj and Umrah said the Haj registration system has been upgraded to ease the process which required very few steps.
Explaining further the registration process, Al Misifri said: “An applicant will be required to enter his/her ID number with expiry date and mobile number.
In response the system will send a text message with a link asking the applicant to provide necessary details such as passport and email among others.
“As soon as the application is submitted a reference number will be shared through the text message, enabling the applicant to track status of the application online.”
Al Misifri said candidates will receive the approval message within ten days after completing the registration.
“So far, there are 18 Haj tour operators in the country which will be increased or decreased as per the need for upcoming season.
“A final list of Haj tour operators with their contact details will be shared on the website of the Ministry before issuance of the approval of the candidates, enabling them to select one of them as per their convenience,” said Al Misifri.
He said applications will be sorted out for issuing the approval following the allocation of Haj quota to Qatar by Saudi authorities.
Speaking about the service charges for Haj tour, Al Misifri said the prices are yet to be decided, but will be based on the services to be offered by the operators.
He said a hotline No. 132 will be activated with other means of communication from the date of registration, enabling applicants to contact for any inquiry or complaint.
- Best price Offer on Mobiles and Laptops in Ansar Gallery Qatar
- Rawabi Exclusive Offer: 1 to 99 Riyal promotion
- Drivers, pipe fitters and other positions are needed for New Project in Qatar
- Gardener vacancy in Rixos Qetaifan Island North Qatar
- Cashier job available in Rixos Qetaifan Island North Qatar