Hotel Jobs in Qatar: Plumber Technician
Are you looking for a job at Fairmont Doha as a Plumber Technician?
Here is a good opportunity for you.
In this article, we will share the job obligations and provide the application link below.
Company: Fairmont Doha
Location: Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Category: Engineering & Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead
Frequency Key: Never – 0 hours; Rare – up to 1 hour; Occasional – 1-3 hours; Frequent – 3-6 hours; Constant – 6-8 hours
Some lifting of cartons or boxes, climbing on step stools, opening file drawers
|Walking, climbing stairs||Frequent|
|Lifting/Carrying (#50 lbs)||Frequent|
Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Accor rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE.
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.”
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pumps, pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain inventory of department -owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with the supervisors to complete task
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately. Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to the shift in charge.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury. Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift in charge. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Emergencies – To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Emergency plan.
- To complete the personal daily job record, time book accurately, and keep ready for inspection
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
Qualification Standards Education
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical’s certification is required and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
If you are interested then click the link below
It will redirect you to the Accor page where you will get a page for the application.
Then you need to accept all the T&C of Accor.
After that, Log in there with your email id and password or if this is your first time you have to register first before applying online.