Accountant vacancy at Qatar Museums
Are you seeking a position as an Accountant in Qatar Museums? Explore this job opening and submit your application today.
Responsible for carrying out accurately and on a timely basis, the analysis of cash forecasts and the execution of opening and closing bank accounts, calculating tax and related expenses etc.
- Financial Policies & Procedures:
- Comply with QMA’s set policies, procedures, management and regulatory requirements, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement accounting system, procedures, and internal controls.
- Analyze transactions, determine accuracy, and ensure completeness and compliance to established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and generate Treasury reports, under the directions of his direct reporting line.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and provide all required information to the concerned parties to facilitate the preparation of internal and external audit reports.
- Stay abreast of the latest applicable finance and accounting leading practices.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related units to achieve the Department’s goals/objectives.
- Uphold highest professionalism and integrity in delivering services to internal and external Finance Customers. Proactively seek customer satisfaction in the processing of requests with a sense of caretaking and urgency.
- Keep his direct reporting line informed of significant issues related to Treasury and Tax that may jeopardize the achievement of QMA’s goals.
- Identify areas for professional development of self and all direct reports, and act to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Reconcile cash received from business units against receipts, resolve discrepancies; deposit funds into QMA’s proper bank accounts daily.
- Resolve the cashiering related complains if there are any.
- Receive, process and safe keep cash forms and other relevant documents.
- Handover cheques to respective employees when requested.
- Provide weekly reports, regarding Cash and Credit Card Sales to Head Office.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number, operating credit card authorization system.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons if any.
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets.
- Be aware of all promotions and advertisements that affect product prices.
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers.
Others: Assist line manager when required on Treasury related matters.
- Sound knowledge of ERP with emphasis on AP module.
- Expertise in Treasury & Cash Management best industry practices.
- Knowledge of accounting standards.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- University degree in Business Administration with specialization in accounting.
- 3 – 4 years relevant experience.