Qatar Airways Jobs: VP Security Vacancy is Available
Are you looking for a job at Qatar Airways as a VP Security?
Here is a good opportunity for you.
In this article, we will share the job obligations and provide the application link below.
Company: Qatar Airways Group
Location: Doha, Qatar
Category: Corporate & Commercial
Job Id: 187461
Closing Date: 07-03-2023
Job Type: Full time
If you are interested then click the link below
It will redirect you to the Qatar Airways page where you will get a page for the application.
Then you need to accept all the T&C of Qatar Airways.
About the role:
The VP Security role is an exciting opportunity in the Group Safety & Security division of Qatar Airways that is responsible for developing the Qatar Airways Security Policy, ensuring the security strategy and operations is in line with the overall business objectives of Qatar Airways.
- This role will lead the Qatar Airways Security Department ensuring compliance with aviation international standards globally and protect the interests of personnel, equipment and infrastructure avoiding and dealing with unlawful acts of interference.
- You will maintain awareness of security threat information within Qatar Airways Group and ensure the Qatar Airways brand is appropriately protected.
- Accountable for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of the Qatar Airways Aircraft Operator Security Programme (AOSP).
- This role is a member of the Initial Assessment Team (when activated by QRIOC), with the need to make critical operational decisions on a 24/7 basis.
- This role will also chair the Security Action Group (SAG) meetings which feed in monthly as part of the Safety Management System programme.
- Represent the Security Department on the Group Safety & Security Committee Meeting (GSSCM) chaired by the Accountable Manager.
- Responsible for all aviation and corporate security processes and procedures from development and implementation, to monitoring operations. Manage the security department on a 24-hour basis.
- In this role, you will be accountable for all aviation and corporate security related incidents and / or accidents and manage the communication of changes in policies, standards and procedures through various security forums.
- You will manage and oversee operational Alcohol and Drug Tests and the Right to Search Policy, which are integral parts of Security Operations.
- As part of the Initial Assessment Team, provide specific security related information on security threats, aircraft hijack and other terrorist related incidents against Qatar Airways.
- Coordinate with QAS, DIA, HIA, QCAA, and law enforcement agencies regarding the implementation of aviation and corporate security provisions.
- Liaise with immigration authorities, exchanging critical information regarding passports, visas, immigration rules and policies.
- This role deputizes for SVP GS & S and therefore must have the ability to represent the division at executive meetings and with the GCEO.
- Accountable to maintain external contract with relevant strategic partners (e.g. QCAA, Customs, MOI, DfT, IATA, ICAO, TSA, Safety, Security and Business Continuity industry groups, etc.).
- We are looking for a global security leader with particular focus on Security Intelligence with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Regulations, Aviation security standards and recommended practices.
- You must be experienced in the conduct of security risk/threat surveys/assessments.
- You must also have strong understanding of airline operations and their security requirements, knowledge of aviation security law and IATA principle and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 10 years of job-related experience.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Also possess good analytical, interpersonal skills with proven stakeholder management skills in a matrix organization.
- Airline security experience and prior experience with IATA would be ideal for this role.