Dubai Jobs: Media Manager for Emirates
Emirates Group is looking for Media Manager.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the details and you will find the Application link below.
Company: Emirates Group
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category: Media Manager
Closing date of application: Nov 20, 2022
Responsible for driving best practice in media strategy and investment for regions and business units across the dnata Group and on the major Global Brand initiatives in order to ensure that plans deliver maximum return on media investment.
Apply both strategic brand and planning insight with performance precision and optimisation planning at a campaign level to deliver a truly optimal CX from a media perspective and an optimal media strategy and approach.
Proactively support the Media teams wider efforts to develop and implement global planning practices and play a key role as a mentor, working to enhance the departments overall understanding and appreciation for full funnel media planning and buying.
Key responsibilities of the job:
- Implement a robust and relevant planning and insight approach across all campaign types enhancing equity and brand outcomes as well as performance driven activities and ensure these are aligned and work in unison to provide the optimum offline and online media mix across upper, mid and lower funnel media.
- Provide advice and guidance across all topics relevant to paid media from a from a strategy, brand, performance, planning and channel perspective including publishers, technologies, frameworks, measurement and data, etc in assigned regions markets/for assigned Business Units.
- Actively work to ensure all media KPIs (upper, mid and lower funnel) are continually optimised and improved in market and any learnings are implemented in future briefs/planning cycles.
- Develop the skills and knowledge-base required to become a `subject-matter expert’ for a specific work stream that has been identified as critical to keeping the dnata Group ahead of the curve within the media industry (e.g. Social Media/ Mobile/ Content, etc).
- Work with the MMC to set media budgets . Provide forecasts of revenue from direct response always on (DRAO) channels, taking responsibility to ensure marketing campaigns are delivered according to schedule and within set budgets.
- Develop integrated paid media strategies that are rooted in consumer insight in order to deliver against the market?s brand/ business objectives as defined in briefs developed by the regional MMC.
- Maintain an overview of other activities in the market across paid media channels such as the DRAO programme, and ensure this information is taken into account when planning campaigns or activities in markets so that cost is minimised and return is optimised.
- Provide regular full funnel media reports and insights to MMCs for all marketing activity. Lead a regular review of marketing activity and report back on opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure measurement frameworks are being properly applied across campaigns types to improve efficiency. Identify, obtain and use first, second and third party data to generate insights and drive investment decisions and optimise plans.
- Work with the agency to understand and maximise the use of syndicated consumer research data (ie: Roy Morgan, Neilsen), providing EK with a clear understanding of the EK addressable market in all relevant territories.
- Rectify and escalate any local market issues with platforms, publishers or technologies across the ad tech stack if data granularity or quality issues are identified on reporting dashboards. Work with Marketing Analytics to resolve these issues.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for relevant Media Agency partnerships at a local market level and campaign brief level.
- Inspire agency partners to innovate and deliver to objectives, providing guidance when required.
- Review and challenge media recommendations proposed by the agency.
- Ensure that global governance principles that are developed for channels / technology partners that are utilised for Performance and Non-Performance activity are implemented at a local market level and that, if required, the agency is coordinating with the right stakeholders at the publisher and technology partners side.
- Drive channel and regional innovation projects through the Marketing Operations and Strategic Planners for a given market that are rooted in media and consumer insight, sharing best practice ideas from across markets in order to foster innovation and creative thinking within media planning and strategy development.
- Actively work to identify and implement Test and Learn activities to experiment with new ways of doing things and scale success. Manage a testing plan to increase business insight from marketing campaigns, using the output to drive revenue improvements and cost savings.
- Optimise campaign performance in real or close to real time, applying creative testing and optimisation strategies.
- Ensure the implementation of governance of all media activity ensuring transparency, safety and non-fraudulent activities is occurring across its teams and their campaigns at a local level.
- Identify and escalate governance and fraud issues in local markets for rectification if the issues cannot be resolved locally.
- Maintain compliance to dnata Group privacy principles and work with the Data Privacy Network Liaison within CCMB to ensure privacy and security of personal data is considered by design and default in all aspects of the role.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Marketing & Media Communication. Other : 8+ Years.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent).
- Degree in Media or Marketing. A post graduate qualification from a masters program or a professional marketing institution (for example a diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing) would be a distinct advantage.
- Suitable work experience in lieu of educational requirements will be considered.
- Experience in Media planning and buying in a senior media position in an international media agency, responsible for strategy and optimisation. It is preferable to have some Client Side experience or have been actively involved in managing and leading clients in an agency.
- Experience and knowledge in digital and new media channels, must know how to advise and plan against them (as well as all traditional channels: TV, Print, Cinema, Outdoor).
- Experience in the airline/travel industry is preferable. Experience in managing a mid-sized performance team (5+ people).
- Strategic Planning Capability.
- Strong Implementational ability.
- Detailed orientated.
- Excellent skills in communication and consensus building are critical in order to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders internally and our external agency partners.
- Self-motivated, ability to identify problems and work methodically to solve them.
- Must be familiar with industry-standard media planning tools with a strong understanding of media planning theory/ planning fundamentals.
- High degree of cross channel planning expertise.
- Good experience working with 1st party/ 3rd party data to derive consumer insight and also an understanding of how these data points can be operationalised via digital media to drive media efficiencies.
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and time-mange whilst working on several projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
Salary & Benefits:
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary.
On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more.
You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website. Click here to visit the website.
How to apply:
If you are interested to submit your application and feel you are a good fit for this role, please complete our application form and upload your CV.
Are you interested in applying for this job?